Sunday, June 30 — 1-5 p.m.
Are you an aspiring or new farmer planning your dream farm? This workshop will help you map out your farm vision, clarify your goals and values, and assess your strengths, resources, and needs before beginning a farming enterprise.
Find out if you are ready to begin farming and leave with resources to help you get started planning. A panel of mid-career farmers will reflect on their beginnings with plenty of time for questions and answers. You’ll hear from:
- Elizabeth and Mike from Bluegreen Gardens Farm and Florals
- Ryan Alexander from Alexander Organic Farm
- Daniel Woods from 9N Farm
In addition to learning from the successes and challenges of these farmers, this interactive workshop will provide you with the tools to help you get started, including:
- Assessment of the rewards and risks of starting a new farm business
- Farm mapping and enterprise brainstorming
- Farming and business skills assessment
- Market and revenue potential evaluation
- Action plan for starting your business
Keller Market House
134 S. Columbus St.
Lancaster, OH 43130
Cost:$25. Price includes light refreshments.
Registration: Registration for this event is now closed.
Questions: Contact Rachel Tayse at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This OEFFA event is part of the 2019 Sustainable Farm Tour and Workshop Series, featuring farm tours, workshops, and other events. All events are free and open to the public unless otherwise specified. For a complete schedule, click here.